Bitot spots are small gray or white, sharply outlined areas, cheeselike or foamy, occurring on either side of the limbus but especially in the temporal area.
1. Associated with coloboma of lid
2. Associated with corectopia, nystagmus, and absent foveal reflexes
3. Associated with Rieger anomaly
4. Congenital anomaly
5. Corneal snowflake dystrophy
*8. Keratosis follicularis (Darier -White disease) associated with retinitis pigmentosa
9. Pellagra or other poor nutritional states
10. Vitamin A deficiency
Daicker B. Ocular involvement in keratosis follicularis associated with retinitis pigmentosa. Ophthalmologica 1995; 209:47-51.
de Keizer RJ. Conjunctival xerosis, arcus lipoides, and Rieger's disease. Doc Ophthalmol 1991; 78:365-371.